"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." Ecc.7:3


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Surrender

I'll be the first to say that I wore my heart on my sleeve in the past. Consequently, I've probably dealt with more heartache than most. And I know for a fact that I've put myself through a great deal of unnecessary pain. What can I say...I was a hopeless romantic! I would say that 75% of the heartache I've felt throughout my life, I didn't have to feel. But nevertheless, all that heartache was put to good use. I've had heartache when dealing with family members and friends as well. I've always been fairly sensitive and took everything to heart and I'm guessing there are other people who are the same as me. My "wake up call" was not my wake up call because I loved the guy who made the call. In fact, I didn't really love him at all (I honestly didn't know love at the time). I woke up because that relationship was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. I was tired of all the failed attempts at love and making the wrong choices. I was ashamed at how much time I had wasted with the wrong people. Time is precious and once it's gone...it's gone! And although I learned something from each relationship and was made stronger from the demise of those relationships, I realized that I could no longer trust my own judgement. I made a conscience decision to go to God and ask Him to put me with who He created me to be with. And God made a promise to me that He would do just that...when I was ready. It's not always easy to be patient and there are times when I doubt that God will even fulfill His promise. But then I remember all the hurt that I've endured and know that taking matters into my own hands will fail miserably. God doesn't make mistakes and when He has created a man or woman just for you, then that person is for you. The problem is, we humans choose who we want to be with based on lust or other unreliable qualities instead of letting God choose...the result is always heartache. We should go to Him and ask Him to join us with who He has for us. It's the more difficult thing to do but it's certainly worth it in the long run (and it's less painful)!

About Me

My photo
I love God because I realize that He first loved me. I am a single mother of a son and two daughters. They definitely keep me on my toes and are part of the reason why I strive to follow the path of righteousness.

Followers

.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

.