"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." Ecc.7:3


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Been there, done that...

So after a healthy dose of soul searching, I came up with the conclusion... I am me. I love me... just the way I am. I'm not perfect, but even my imperfections make ME, me. I think God will, at times, bring people into our lives who will cause us to evaluate (or reevaluate) who we are as individuals. I had someone tell me that they didn't understand me and made it seem as if I was this tough puzzle to be solved. I almost believed it. Because this one person (who meant so much to me) couldn't figure me out, I started trying to figure out who I was so I could help that person understand. The only problem... I already knew who I was! I had figured it out years ago. But still I felt like something must be wrong with me because this person didn't understand me... until I snapped out of it! I had an "aha" moment and realized that I'm not meant to be understood by everyone. And it doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong with me when I am misunderstood... it could possibly mean that something is wrong with whoever misunderstands. OR simply that the person is not meant to be a part of my life. Whatever the case may be, I believe everyone comes into your life for a reason (no matter how long they stay). It's up to us individually to figure out what that reason is. I can never change my personality so the people who have a problem with it or who don't understand it are going to have to take that up with God, I guess. My character I do have the power to change and I work on improving it everyday. I don't have the best character, but I know it's good. Therefore, I will never again let someone lead me to believe that I need to "figure me out" because they can't figure me out.

About Me

My photo
I love God because I realize that He first loved me. I am a single mother of a son and two daughters. They definitely keep me on my toes and are part of the reason why I strive to follow the path of righteousness.

Followers

.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

.